Are you attending Summer Fishtrap 2014 at Wallowa Lake, Oregon? Still trying to decide where in Eastern Oregon to stay for the week? If you don’t want to stay “on campus” in one of the yurts or in the bunkhouse at the Wallowa Lake Camp and Retreat Center (affectionately known to longtime Fishtrappers as the “Methodist Camp”) and you’re used to staying in nicer bed and breakfasts or hotels when you travel, then allow us to propose a stay at the Bronze Antler Bed and Breakfast nearby in Joseph Oregon.
The writers conference Summer Fishtrap 2014 starts on the afternoon of Monday, July 7th, and concludes at brunch on Sunday, July 13th. As of today, February 12, 2014, we still have two guestrooms and our fabulous Mirror Lake Suite available for a 6-night stay (nights of July 7-12, 2014, departing on July 13, the closing day of Summer Fishtrap 2014). What can that mean for you as a Summer Fishtrap Gathering of Writers attendee? A really comfortable, air-conditioned, private place to stay at good price. And we can offer you a without breakfast option in case you’d prefer to take your breakfast meals at the Wallowa Lake Camp. And since we’re rated 3-Diamonds by AAA, we also offer a 10% discount to current AAA members. What’s not to like?
For example, these are the prices for lodging and meals during Summer Fishtrap 2014 (taken from the Summer Fishtrap 2014 brochure):
- Summer Fishtrap 2014 one-bedroom deluxe yurt (includes private bath): $795 per cabin
- Summer Fishtrap 2014 two-bedroom deluxe yurt (includes shared bath): $595 per bedroom
- Summer Fishtrap 2014 bunkhouse (bring your own bedding, bath house nearby): $130 per person
- Summer Fishtrap 2014 Lunch only package (Tuesday through Saturday): $60 per person
- Summer Fishtrap 2014 Lunch & Dinner package (Tuesday through Saturday): $160 per person
- Summer Fishtrap 2014 All Meals package (Monday dinner through Sunday brunch): $225 per person
Here are options at the Bronze Antler Bed and Breakfast (full price quotes with lodging taxes included) in our Ferguson Ridge Room (other currently available guestrooms are higher):
- Single occupancy with breakfast: $840.56
- Single occupancy without breakfast: $775.16
- Single occupancy with breakfast and 10% AAA membership discount: $756.44
- Double occupancy with breakfast: $943.60
- Double occupancy without breakfast: $812.80
- Double occupancy with breakfast and 10% AAA membership discount: $849.26
It’s true there are some conveniences to staying at the Wallowa Lake Camp. You’re right there and don’t need to drive home once the evening open-mic session is over. You’re in the middle of the action. You’re close to the Bailey Lodge dining hall where meals are served cafeteria style.
But, we’re only 10 minutes away by car at the other end of Wallowa Lake. You’re in your own space with your own attached private bathroom, with or without your traveling companion (if you have one). Your room is comfortably air-conditioned to your liking Your breakfast, if you choose to have breakfast, is served in our dining room plated and accompanied by your choice of fruit juices and hot beverages. And we do our best to accommodate special meal requirements (gluten-free, dairy-free, food allergies, etc.)
And if you’re bringing along someone who is not participating in Summer Fishtrap 2014, they’re right here in Joseph to see and do all that the town has to offer in summer (shops, art galleries, foundries, artist tours, or just hanging out here on our grounds under the apple tree with the bocce court nearby (see the photo).
There are a limited number of yurts available at the Wallowa Lake Camp. If you miss your opportunity to reserve one on February 20, 2014 (the day that online registration opens for Summer Fishtrap 2014), then you might want to consider spending your nights with us here at our (nearly a) Wallowa Lake hotel.
And who knows what summer 2014 will be like? You might be very glad you have air-conditioning!
Don’t forget: Summer Fishtrap 2014 online registration opens on February 20, 2014, at 9 am Pacific Time!