Registration for Summer Fishtrap 2016 opens on March 1, 2016. This year, the workshop will be held from July 10 though 16, 2016, at the Wallowa Lake Camp and Retreat Center (also known as the Methodist Camp). Here at the Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast, only 10 minutes away from the Summer Fishtrap site, we’re offering a selection of lodging specials tailored to fit you, the Summer Fishtrap participant.
Want to stay in Joseph rather than at Wallowa Lake? Stay with us for seven nights (either July 9-15 or July 10-16) and you’ll receive one night free (stay for seven but pay for only six).
Want to stay in Joseph but take your breakfast meal at the camp? We’ll deduct $10/night from your room rate.
Sound interesting? Read on.
Why would you choose to stay at the Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast?
- If you’re traveling with a spouse or friend who is not attending Summer Fishtrap, they’ll be right in Joseph and close to all the shops, galleries, and activities that our town has to offer. If you take your vehicle to the camp, your traveling companion can still catch the community bus that runs regularly between Joseph and Wallowa Lake.
- If you’re traveling alone, our single room rates are lower than our double occupancy rates.
- You might want more privacy than offered in the one or two bedroom yurts or the bunkhouses at the camp.
- Each morning, freshly brewed organic Costa Rican coffee is available starting at 6 am. The tea box features a variety of herbal, green and black teas. If you choose to include breakfast with your stay, we serve a plated hot breakfast to you at the time of your choosing. Fresh fruit and protein (meats or vegetarian options) are always included. We also pride ourselves on accommodating dietary restrictions (please make sure we know in advance).
- Each of our guestrooms is equipped with a dedicated air conditioner so you can dial it up or down depending upon your preference.
- Each guestroom at the Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast has its own attached private bathroom, outfitted with luxury towels, amenities, blow dryer, bidet, and unlimited hot water.
- Each guestroom has its own writing desk and lap desk so you can write in the comfort of your guestroom, or perhaps out on the shaded porch, in the garden, at the spacious dining room table, or cozied up in the living room.
- Our comfortable mattresses and luxury cotton linens contribute to a very good night’s sleep. Down pillows are provided; foam pillows available on request.
- We have two secure wireless internet access points that are accessible throughout the property.
- After a full day at Summer Fishtrap, relax with a cup of herbal tea (available anytime) or a glass of cream sherry from the dining room decanter. We also stock a variety of wines available for purchase.
The Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast features a variety of lodging options: three comfortable, thoughtfully appointed second floor guestrooms and one over-the-top ground floor suite. Currently, all four are still available for Summer Fishtrap 2016 and are bookable through our website or by calling us at (541) 432-0230.
We invite you to visit our website and take a look at what the Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast can offer you. Several Summer Fishtrap participants have enjoyed their stay with us in previous years.
We know if you’ve found this blog post that you’re very interested in attending Summer Fishtrap. If you’re a writer or a writing lover, Summer Fishtrap is an event not to be missed. But, many of the Summer Fishtrap lodging options at the Wallowa Lake Camp will go quickly once registration opens on March 1, 2016. Be prepared!